Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I found this is my bed....

This morning it was pouring rain off and on in Mobile.  I opened the back door so my dog could sit on the back porch (where he loves to sit and watch it rain) and have the freedom to go in and out.  At about 7:30 this morning my wet dog brought me a present.  He dropped this in my bed and began barking.  I could not figure out what he was barking at but I knew it was most likely alive!  I quickly jumped up and realized it was a turtle.  A MUDDY TURTLE IN MY CLEAN BED.  Drake loves turtles and they will entertain him for hours.  I took a shower, went to the office and came back home and he was still in the backyard playing with his new friend.  I am just glad all the neighbors are at work because I know he barked for a solid 4 hours.  He is still in the back yard now asleep on the porch with the turtle next to him.  
Hope your dog will bring you a gift today....


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did he kill it? Please tell me he didn't kill it!!!

Anna said...

crack me up! our cat brings us birds, dead birds...but a turtle! that's awesome!